Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Great Cocoa Explosion of 2010!!

I spent the early part of the morning cleaning
  • the kitchen,
  • the bathroom,
  • and various other areas of the house.

Then I went and ran errands, got groceries, etc.


My super-duper buy:
A $5 food processor.

Today's goal:
Homemade larabars!

I got all the supplies...
  • figs
  • dates
  • almonds
  • walnuts
  • cinnamon
  • cocoa
and I began my project.

I had started to blend up some ingredients...

When I thought,
"I better open this tin of cocoa!"

It was a bit puffed on the top
and I figured I might get a little
bit of cocoa on me when I
opened it, so I was extra cautious...

hehe. See my Vibram 5finger footprint down below?


POUUFFFFF!

The Great Cocoa Explosion of 2010
occurred right then and there in my kitchen!
...and in my face.

I think I will smell like chocolate
for the next week and a half .

Anna and Trever stopped by the apartment
and I told them of the incident.
Trever said, "At least it's an aphrodisiac?"

haha. I am afraid to go outside now!
Everyone in the neighborhood is out
walking their dogs in the nice weather : b

Three batches of Saigeybars ready for the freezer.

Well, mission accomplished.
Homemade Larabars= check!
Kitchen= cleaned...and re-cleaned.

No comments:

Post a Comment