Friday, September 10, 2010

Yesterday's Smiles

Here are three simple things that made me smile yesterday:
1. Playing modified Volleyball with the Retirees here at the Wellness center.
There's a game every Tuesday and Thursday from 9-10 a.m.
I am signed up for all of them as far as the eye can see!
It is such a highlight at work for me.
They're hilarious.
The play really well, and when it gets heated...
well, let's just say I've seen kicking and ball spiking : b
(Also, they had a great soundtrack for the games yesterday.
I believe it was a best of the Beatles CD.
One of the men had made it and he's bringing in a copy for me next week!
YAY!)
2. On my way home I stopped by King Super's-
the awesome 24-hr grocery store near my place.
I had finished my shopping & was unlocking my bike
when I overheard a conversation between two siblings:
Little 8 year old boy: Hey, wanna play I-spy?
Little 4 year old girl: YEEEEAAAAAHHHHH!
Boy: Okay, I'm first. I spy...a red car.
Girl: (looking)
Boy: Do you see it? It's next to the white car.
Girl: Oh! There it is! I see it!
Boy: Okay, now it's your turn.
I just thought they were the sweetest thing!
3. Before bed, I got out the cool journal my Aunt got for me.
It's called Keen's Simple Diary.
Every page has a silly checklist, a quote, some fill-in-the-blanks,
and other miscellaneous Q&A.
Half-way down the page was this quote:
"Peacefullofshit."
It made me laugh so hard right before I fell asleep.
haha. I think I have a new favorite term : D
So, I'm sharing some smiles this morning.
That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment