Friday, August 13, 2010

Golden: Day 2

Today is Friday the 13th!
Boo!
Okay everyone, try not to get too scared now ; b

I guess I'd have to say that my Friday the 13th started off beautifully, since I began watching the Perseid Meteor Shower early this morning. (around 12:30 a.m.)


After exploring the downtown area of Golden for the majority of the day I arrived home to a BBQ! There was much to be seen around the town and I got to meet some locals. I found out about a lot of upcoming events.

Tonight: Free movie in the park- Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.
Tomorrow: Farmer's Market in the park.
Sunday: Yoga in the park.

Clear Creek runs right through town; you can jump in for a chilly swim, tube, swim, or go on some rapid adventures!


I got home and was cheerfully greeted by all of the house members & some co.
The grill was ready to go. There were kids running & screaming in the backyard.
We ate, drank, and laughed : D

My sleepy self had wandered back upstairs and was contemplating the beginning of a full night's sleep...and then I was summoned to get my butt out of bed and hike.

We hiked up to the top of the mountain we live on. Like 2 blocks up the road and then a ways up a bumpy, rocky, dusty trail to the top.

Blanket for lying: Check.
Pillows from couch: Check.
Light pollution: Avoided!
Meteors: Check. Check. Check. Check. Check. Check.

It became a game of who could see more and then it just became to fantastic to itemize.

After some weird growling, chirping, and other sounds that I may or may not have imagined at 2 in the morning it was time to head home for bed.

I only fell flat on my @$$ once! hehe.

<-- This is the "M" by day!














The "M" by night!

No comments:

Post a Comment